- They are doing everything they can to subside the storms by using various drugs. The goal is to get him off IV drugs and move to oral medications that can be given through the gastro tube.
- The 280 heart rate I mentioned previously is a result of a high heart rate + any motion Aidan is performing. If he is shaking/trembling and has a heart rate at 180, you can see how the heart rate could look like 280.
- The tracheostomy and gastrostomy are scheduled to be performed at 11AM Monday morning. Recovery time after surgery would be 2-3 days.
- There will be an MRI and MRS scheduled after recovery. This will tell what progress, if any, has occurred since the last scan.
- People from the whichever rehab center we choose to go to will asses Aidan before he is transported so they can formulate a course of action.
Friday, February 29, 2008
2/29/2008 Family Conference
As we stated before in my most recent posting, we had a meeting this afternoon regarding where we stand and what's on deck for Aidan. At the meeting were Drs. Caceras, Farerras, and Saad (surgeon), as well as a representative for our social worker and the Aidan's nurse at the time. Here is what we can remember from the meeting:
at 10:30 PM