We met with Dr. Corbier (the pediatric neurologist) this evening. Let me start by saying of all the doctors whom I have ever had contact, this one is the most wonderful and most compassionate I have ever met. He is truly a gift from God.
Moving on with the info:
1. The CT Scan with contrast showed no difference in comparison with the CT scan performed previously. This means that there has been no more problems with the cortex portion of his brain. There was also no more swelling in the brain, hydrocephalus (water on the brain), etc.
2. The MRI is on hold until the medications are at the proper level. Optimally, they want Aidan off the Dopamine and Epinephrine (BP meds) before they perform the scan. There will be several different scans performed, all a part of the MRI. Sorry, but I cannot remember all of them right now.
3. Dr. Corbier performed some other tests to check his activity by putting light in his eyes, as well as moving his head back and forth to see if the eyes track in the opposite direction. Both of these tests yielded positive results, which means his brain stem is trying to fire.
We are far from being out of the woods; however, the Dr. is feeling optimistic about where things are headed. The MRI will tell us how well the brain stem is functioning, as well as any potential problems with the cortex that the CT Scan didn't reveal.
Erin also told me she spoke with the nurses a moment ago and the meds have been decreased to the appropriate levels. So, it looks like we will be on track for an MRI tomorrow.